Railcard Terms & Conditions
Conditions of issue and use of the Senior Railcard and reduced priced tickets ('discounted tickets') bought with a Senior Railcard
ATOC Ltd enters into the contract for the issue and use of the Senior Railcard on behalf of the Train Companies. Reference to a ‘Train Company’ or the ‘Train Companies’ means those Train Companies which, pursuant to a franchise agreement, operate Passenger Railway Services in Great Britain. Any other licensed passenger train operators that may join the arrangement will accept the Senior Railcard for travel on their services.
- You must sign the Railcard before use to show acceptance of all the Conditions as stated here.
- You must be aged 60 years or over to be eligible to purchase a Senior Railcard.
- The Railcard and tickets bought with it are not transferable and must not be given, loaned, or resold to anyone else.
- Tickets for your journey should be purchased before boarding the train and when buying tickets you must show the Railcard.
- You must carry your Railcard with you on your journey and when asked by rail staff, you must show a valid ticket and valid Railcard. If you fail to do so, you will be required to pay the full price Standard or First Class Single fare as appropriate for your journey as if no ticket was purchased before starting the journey and in some cases a Penalty Fare. This does not apply if there was no ticket office at the station at which you began your journey or if the ticket office was closed and there was no ticket machine from which you could buy a discounted ticket.
- Time restrictions apply for journeys in the Network Railcard area. Please refer to time restrictions, enquire at a station ticket office before your travel or phone National Rail enquiries on 08457 48 49 50.
- The Railcard will not be valid if it is damaged. The Train Companies do not undertake to replace damaged, lost or stolen Railcards, or to issue refunds on unused/unwanted Railcards, or to extend their validity. However, an application for the replacement of a Railcard may be made at any staffed station ticket office (the completed ‘Receipt’ voucher of the original application form must be produced). Where the Railcard was purchased online, customers may only request a replacement online at www.senior-railcard.co.uk. A £10 administration fee will be payable for the replacement of a damaged or lost Railcard. No fee will be charged for the replacement of a stolen Railcard provided you have a crime reference number/documentation issued by the Police. You will be requested to show some form of identification if obtaining a replacement from a station.
- The Railcard and all tickets issued at a Railcard discount are issued subject to the National Rail Conditions of Carriage and the Conditions listed in this leaflet. Copies of the National Rail Conditions of Carriage are available online at www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/nrcoc.aspx
- The Railcard does not become your property and if requested must be handed in to a representative of any Train Company.
- The right is reserved to revise these Conditions. The Train Companies will endeavour to give three months’ notice of any changes before they are due to come into effect.
Fraudulent use of Railcards and Railcard discounted tickets may lead to criminal prosecution.
Terms and Conditions are valid up to and including 6th September 2014.
Plan your journey
Want the quickest, easiest way from A to B? Find out with our online journey planner.
Start you InterRail adventure and book a Pass from our friends...
If you’re some of the lucky few who will be going to the BBC P...
Senior Railcard holders, book a 'Bed & Bubbles' break with Lak...
It's the big kick-off in the Premier League tomorrow, may all ...